Saturday, August 8, 2009

Maybe next big thing? Green Lantern Pt 1




Personally I LOVE the Green Lantern Corps. The idea of a galactic police force is as old as Lensman (an old inspiration) and the current Blackest Night is going to hit its apex right around winter of this year. As its part three of a long trilogy (Re-birth and The Sinestro Corps War) that actually destroyed the Comic Con in San Diego, I would guess that the GLC and Comic Con are going to see some real-life crossover.

But then:
http://www.leagueoflanterns.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=660881

It was a real pleasure to see that there are other GLC fans out there and they have their own outfits.... I can see iterations of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner (complete with baby stroller), Kyle Rayner, Arisia, Soranik Natu, Parallax, Alan Scott and Star Sapphire. I'm going to sound her out on that one and say that she doesn't look a lot like Carol Ferris to me. But the Soranik Natu rocks.

So far as I can see in regards to the humanoid GLC members: no Iolande, Sodam Yat/Ion, Brikk, Katma Tui. But most shocking - no Sinestro!

I love the alien GLC members - there's a Salakk and either its Tomar Re or his son, Tomar Tu. Kilowog would be a feat unto itself as the guy is as big as the Hulk. Isamot Kol, Stel, Green Man, Boodikka and Kraken are not yet present either. I doubt the planetary GL Mogo could ever be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment